Servings: 6 – 1 cup servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
I love summer squash and I’ve been seeing it lately in the store; however, the last time I stocked up on zucchini I didn’t quite get to it on time. Today I was determined to make something with zucchini and this salad is the result.
Zucchini is a great source of fiber, potassium and Vitamin C — to name a few. Add to it the fiber and protein from black beans and this salad quickly doubles as a vegetarian entree!
Try it for a simple, quick dinner or take it to your next barbecue this weekend!
- 3 Zucchinis, medium sliced into rounds
- 1 15 oz can Whole Kernel Corn, No Salt Added, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans, 50% Less Sodium, drained and rinsed
- 20 Grape Tomatoes sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil, Virgin
- 1 Tsp Chopped Basil, dried
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp No Salt
Toss zucchini, corn, black beans, and tomatoes into a large bowl (preferably one with a lid).
Mix dressing and pour over salad mix.
Cover with lid and toss/shake until well combined.
Serve and enjoy!