Serves: 2 Recipe can be doubled
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Inspired by a recipe on marthastewart.com, I picked my fresh plums and added a Meyer lemon infused olive oil/balsamic vinegar mix and fresh blackberries! The result was this sassy salad that will make you say “Hmmm…”
Toss together in a medium bowl:
- 4 small to medium red plums, quartered and pits removed
- 1/4 tsp salt substitute, like No Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, ground
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, fresh
Heat over medium heat:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Add the plum mixture, cut sides down and saute for 3 minutes. Flip sides and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar/meyer lemon olive oil mix (50/50 mix)
and cook until thickened about two to three minutes.
- 1 bag packaged mixed greens
evenly on a platter.
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 of a 1/4 lb) thin sliced prosciutto (sliced in half)
over the mixed greens.
Spoon the plums over and top with
- 8 blackberries, rinsed and drained on a paper towel
Drizzle pan juices over and serve.
Enjoy the tangy tartness of this salad! Plums are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and fiber.