On March 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm one lucky subscriber was randomly drawn for the pedometer give-away!
…on winning the Accusplit pedometer!
Wearing a pedometer is an easy way to take those first steps towards wellness. 10,000 steps is the daily recommended goal; however, the average person’s total daily steps is less than half!
Just how far is 10,000 steps? 10,000 steps is approximately five miles and, most often, the only way to reach 10,000 steps is to go out for a walk!
Here are three quick tips to get a few extra steps in each day:
- Elevator to the 23rd floor?
- Try getting off five floors before and then take the stairs.
- Do you really need to park that close to the store?
- You’re bound to find a parking spot that is towards the end of the lot, as well as less dented doors!
- Afternoon slump leave you aching for an extra jolt of caffeine?
- Use your 15 minute break for a brisk walk or try conducting your next meeting as a walking meeting (this works well for one-on-ones).
So let’s clip on a pedometer and starting walking!